While there are no active evacuation orders, several US Forest Service areas and roads are still closed.
*** PRESS RELEASE *** October 5, 2018: While there are no current evacuation orders in place related to the Pole Creek or Bald Mountain Fires, there are several roads and areas that remain closed:
- The area between Sheep Creek Road, west to Diamond Fork Road, then north to Springville Crossing, including access on Diamond Fork Road, is closed.
- Sheep Creek Road to Rays Valley and on to Right Fork Hobble Creek Canyon is open.
- Payson Canyon remains closed.
- Birdseye and Nebo Creek areas are open to residents only, but the areas west of there are closed to public access and to hunting.
- Access to Lake Fork and Dairy Fork from US Highway 6 is also closed.
For questions contact Sergeant Spencer Cannon, Public Information Officer, Utah County Sheriff's Office. (801)404-1912. Twitter: @SGTCannonPIO